Dr. Fanglin Zheng joined the Lin’s lab as a Postdoctoral Fellow in September 2018. Fanglin received his PhD degree in microbiology from Shandong University. His current research interests mainly focus on the molecular mechanism of cryptococcal morphological transitions and its link to virulence.
- Fanglin Zheng, Yanli Cao, Lei Wang, Xinxing Lv, Xiangfeng Meng, Weixin Zhang, Guanjun Chen & Weifeng Liu*. The mating type locus protein MAT1-2-1 of Trichoderma reesei interacts with Xyr1 and regulates cellulase gene expression in response to light. Scientific Reports, 2017 Dec 11;7(1):17346.
- Fanglin Zheng, Yanli Cao, Xinxing Lv, Lei Wang, Chunyan Li, Weixin Zhang, Guanjun Chen, Weifeng Liu*. A copper-responsive promoter replacement system to investigate gene functions in Trichoderma reesei: a case study in characterizing SAGA genes. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, March 2017, Volume 101, Issue 5, pp 2067–2078.
- Yanli Cao, Fanglin Zheng, Lei Wang, Guolei Zhao, Guanjun Chen, Weixin Zhang* and Weifeng Liu*. Rce1, a novel transcriptional repressor, regulates cellulase gene expression by antagonizing the transactivator Xyr1 in Trichoderma reesei. Molecular Microbiology. 2017, 105(1), 65–83.
- Xinxing Lv, Fanglin Zheng, Chunyan Li, Weixin Zhang, Guanjun Chen and Weifeng Liu*. Characterization of a copper responsive promoter and its mediated overexpression of the xylanase regulator 1 results in an induction-independent production of cellulases in Trichoderma reesei. Biotechnology for Biofuels. 2015, 8:67.
- Lei Wang, Fanglin Zheng, Weixin Zhang, Yaohua Zhong, Guanjun Chen, Xiangfeng Meng* and Weifeng Liu. A copper-controlled RNA interference system for reversible silencing of target genes in Trichoderma reesei. Biotechnol Biofuels. 2018 Feb 9;11:33.